TRAINING AND RESOURCES
We understand that there is a lot of information to take in as a business, so we are pulling together useful information to save you time.
Free GDPR Checklist
Download and take advantage of our easy to use Free GDPR checklist Oct 18 to understand what needs to be done for your organisation.
Online Training Packages
An Introduction to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
This course provides an essential guide to the key principles, concepts and responsibilities for your organisation under the new regulations.
- What is GDPR and when it came into effect.
- What are the roles within GDPR.
- When is a task within the scope of GDPR.
- The difference between personal data and sensitive data.
- What are the key data protection principles.
- The difference between Data Controller and Data Processor.
- Legal obligations of a Data Processor and Data Controller.
- What are data subject’s rights under GDPR.
- When can personal data can be shared and processed under GDPR.
- How to process requests made by a data subject.
- What to do when processing a minor’s personal information.
- Basics of reporting a data breach.
Resources from Richmond Chamber of Commerce Seminar 26th February 2018:
Data Inventory (sample), Systems Map (sample) and personal data examples – Data inventory_Seminar
Mr A.N. Oyed customer letter – Customer letter
Links to other resources
Information Commissioners Office – www.ico.org.uk
UK Regulator also known as the Data Protection Authority (DPA) for the UK. They issue guidance on the regulations and have useful guides for the public and organisations and have recently setup a Helpline for businesses.
The new phone line will offer additional, personal advice to small organisations that still have questions. People from small organisations should dial the ICO helpline on 0303 123 1113 and select option 4 to be diverted to staff who can offer support.