Compliance. Made Simple
We want that too
We are on your side. Our mission is to lessen the burden of Data Protection regulations on small and medium-sized businesses.
We believe that you carry an unfair burden to comply with changing regulations and keeping up to date with the latest information and trends in effective data privacy and security.
We do the legwork so you don’t have to.
So…let’s keep it simple
Our roadmap for compliance is straightforward.
If your business is currently collecting and processing personal data, then you have a legal requirement to operate according to the data protection regulations. Every business and industry is different. Some have more complex requirements than others. A medical practice, for example, will process more sensitive personal data than an online retailer. This means they have higher compliance risks and they may need additional controls or consent management processes in place.
How can we help you?
Our consultancy services are designed to guide you through the compliance journey in a straightforward and simple way.
To do this we work with you to:
- Provide expertise either onsite or remotely to:
- Undertake gap analysis, data risk assessment, and scope of what is needed for your business
- Provide online training courses using our learning management system
- Assist you in creating operational policies and procedures using our template pack
- Support you through data and process mapping so you Know Your Data.
- Understand your consent requirements
- Guide you through technology solutions to ease the compliance burden
- Provide regular project updates with our project tracker
We work within your budget and available resources. If you have staff who have the time to assist and learn about compliance, then we guide them through the process. Or we can undertake the analysis and assessment work ourselves.
We will engage with your team at various points to answer questions, review documents and agree on solutions. It is our role to help you make the best decisions for your business needs.
At the end of the project, you will have a set of valuable artefacts which you can reuse for your business as well as, trained staff, and informed customers and suppliers. Leaving you to focus on running your business.
Compliant? Now what?
Put your feet up and relax? Not quite.
Data privacy and security compliance is an ongoing operational requirement. It does not end on a specific date. It is built into the daily processes of running your business.
You need to have someone in your organisation responsible for compliance with Data Protection regulations – even if your company is not legally required to have a Data Protection Officer on staff.
We can assist with your ongoing operational needs by providing services which give you access to Data Protection guidance and information when you need it.
- Data Protection Officer — an outsourced service for organisations obliged to have a DPO
- Annual Audits and Advice – for organisations who are not legally obliged to have a DPO, but whose data or reputational risks are high and need access to support and information when needed
- EU Representatives for overseas companies (ex-EEA) – who offer goods and services into the EU
Collaboration with the wider community
We attend industry events arranged by the ICO and World Data Protection Forum and are proud to be engaged with the Data Engineering and AI communities working together with them to build privacy solutions into our digital and AI futures.
We work with a range of partners and associated specialist companies who offer:
- Legal advice on GDPR –revision of contracts and HR requirements.
- Technology companies providing software solutions for compliance.
- Specialist sector partners to build online training courses for medical practices, clubs, tech start-ups.
- IT Security & Cyber Security protection.
- Insurance protection for GDPR against Data & Cyber Breaches.
We are small enough to care yet big enough to offer a wealth of knowledge and solutions to our clients.
FOR UNCOMPLICATED GUIDANCE AND SUPPORT, CONTACT US!
On 25th May 2018, the EU General Data Protection Regulation came into force across the European Union, bringing into law tougher standards for the protection of personal data being processed by organisations based in the EU and organisations based overseas, offering goods and services to EU residents and citizens.
In the UK, the Data Protection Act 2018 came into force on 25th May 2018 replacing the Data Protection Act 1998 and broadly adopting the GDPR framework.
The GDPR and DPA together with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) and the e-Privacy Directive in the EU apply to businesses, limited companies, partnerships, sole traders, sports clubs and charities who process personal data.
Be Data SMART. Be Compliant.
Data Protection is here to stay.